Pearey House was established in 1873, we are a Centre for adults that live in North Tyneside who have a visual impairment.
The Charity was established in 1873 as Northumberland and Durham home Teaching Society
In 1884 the name was changed to the Northern Counties Blind Society, and in 1924 became Tynemouth Blind Welfare Society.
Today we are known as Pearey House Centre For Visually Impaired.
We provide a social hub for blind and visually impaired adults in North Tyneside on a weekly basis.
Our facilities include a gym, computer suite therapy room and a library of talking books.
We aim to recognise and be responsive to all our service users by providing a high quality service.